One of the unique elements at the 2013 the Geist Triathlon will be the use of two transition areas. Under this format, participants will exit the swim, enter the first transition area (T1) located at the Geist Sailing Club, and then head out onto the bike course. Participants will then exit the bike course, enter the second transition area (T2) located at Holy Spirit at Geist Catholic Church, and then head out onto the run course. The race will conclude with a finish at the Geist Sailing Club.
This will be a unique experience and a first for the triathlon scene in Indianapolis. Course marshals, volunteers, and event staff will be stationed throughout the course and the transition area prior to, during, and after the event in order to provide support to participants. Below are several tips and rules that will help make your experience that the event exceptional.
To minimize delays on race morning, we recommend staging your running gear in T2 prior to traveling to T1 to stage your bike gear.
- Bike racks will be marked to correspond with a range of bib numbers.
- All participants must place their equipment into their designed area within the transition areas.
- All participants must return their bikes to an upright position in the property designed area.
- Helmets must be worn, with the chin strap fastened, when on the bike.
- All participants must reduce cycling speed when entering and exiting the transition area.
- All participants must also mount/dismount their bikes within the designated zones.
- Only registered participants will be allow to remove equipment from the designed transition areas.
- No participant shall interfere with or impede the progress of another participant.
- No glass containers are allowed with in the transition areas.